Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lunch box ideas list....

Hello everyone! I hope you've all had a great week and have been able to spend some special time with your family. My kids were home from school this past week for Thanksgiving break, so I've taken a break myself from all the lunch making cuteness to spend time with them and my family. However, the time off from making lunches gave me the opportunity to think about a huge problem that I face often. Most of you that pack lunches regularly for your family can probably relate to my problem. Sooner or later, we all wind up in the middle of 2 lunch packing dilemmas.

Dilemma 1- due to a lack of planning, we find ourselves standing in front of our fridges tapping our fingers on the door trying to come up with something......ANYTHING to fill the lunch box. This generally occurs in the early morning before the coffee has had a chance to work and our brains are still in sleep mode. This results in our kids getting a handful of stale chips and broken cookies from the bottom of the bag. I'm guilty!!!!!

Dilemma 2- due to our hectic schedules, brain burn out, or overall lack of interest, we are just not able to think of any new items for the lunchbox. This generally occurs while standing in the middle of the grocery store as we are tapping our fingers on the cart handle. This results in our kids getting the same old lunches over and over. I'm guilty!!!!!

So, in an attempt to remedy both of these situations, I have put together this super handy list of lunch box ideas, hopefully to give myself some lunch inspiration and ideas. This, of course, is not an all inclusive list of lunch ideas. This list mainly consists of the foods that Z likes most. But, you are welcome to copy it, share it, save it, hang it on your fridge, give it to your kids before you go to the grocery and have them circle the items they want in their lunch. If your child has different likes/dislikes, you can add items to the list or cross them out. 

Hopefully, lunch box drama will be averted.




No comments:

Post a Comment