Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pizzadilla leftovers....

Leftovers are a beautiful thing....you cook once and eat twice. They are especially great when you are in hurry and need to make lunch FAST!! Leftovers just taste better on the second day, too, don't they? Monday was a crazy busy day for me, and then last night, the hubbz, kids, and I had a school open house to attend. Doncha just love open house!! The kidlets came home from school, and it was like a tornado around our house getting homework done, dinner prepared, and lunches made. Dinner ended up being quick pizza quesadillas which I call pizzadillas....all the yummy toppings of a pizza folded inside a warm, crispy tortilla. Oh yeah!! My kids love these. I intentionally made a few extra so I could send them in Z's lunch.

My pizzadillas are very easy and quick to make.  I like to serve the marinara sauce on the side instead of layering it on the quesadillas (cuts down on the messiness). When I make these, I layer Monterey Jack cheese, pepperoni slices, mushrooms, and sautéed onions on the tortilla, and I cook them in a large skillet on medium heat (I spray the pan with Pam butter cooking spray) until the cheese is oozey, goozey melted goodness, and the tortilla shells have crisped up.

Pizzadillas are delish, and YES, my kiddo will eat them at room temp. Give them a try...your kids just might like them room temp, too.

Pin It

This lunch is packed in EasyLunchboxes.
  • Pizzadillas served with marinara sauce for dipping- made with Sargento Cheddar/Jack cheese and Vermont Smoke and Cure nitrate and additive free pepperoni slices
  • black olives
  • Sun World Scarlotta red seedless grapes- These grapes are soooo sweet and delicious.
  • green beans tossed in balsamic dressing
  • yogurt tube- This is the Kroger brand yogurt tube with no artificial colors or flavors.

Some of the things, or similar things, that I used to make this lunch:


No comments:

Post a Comment